
Our vacation has taken a turn for the worse. Yesterday, Chris was running with the hotel guests and fell on some rocks. When he fell, he landed on his elbow, resulting in breaking the proximal end of his ulna (the tip of his elbow). To make a long story short, he took a flight to Bangkok late last night and now in surgery to put a plate and pins in his arm. He is okay. I am not sure how long it will take. His surgery was at 7 am Thailand time which is 13 hours ahead of you guys. Anyway, I stayed back in the hotel with the kiddos because it would be impossible to go with all of us. They would like to discharge him on Monday but he is trying to leave on Sunday. They said let us see how it goes. We are suppose to leave Tuesday and are trying to see how we will do it or if I can travel on by myself (with the kids) to meet Chris in Bangkok. Also we just recently found out the Chris's grandma is not doing well. She is moving to another nursing home and the family is putting her on hospice. So if you could, please pray for her. I have a feeling Chris might be leaving soon to be with the family. A lot going on, but we are thankful that Chris did not have more damage and that we are in a good place for medical treatment. Then, prior to Chris coming back, Cohen had the 24 hour bug of vomiting but is doing fine now. I have been fortunate to have some friends here to help watch the older girls while I stayed in the room with Maely and Cohen. Yesterday evening, I even paid for a sitter to watch Cohen so we could go into town with the group. It was nice to just have 3 kiddos and not have to worry about Cohen throwing up.
Chris is doing really well despite everything. He is in a soft cast with a sling and is not taking any pain meds right now. He is suppose to keep the soft cast on for a week and then goes back to the doctor. Not sure if that will be in the Du or in Bangkok. I think Bangkok is a better option. Right now he has some leakage on his arm and put a phone call into the doctor. We will leave tomorrow to go home. His boss has been helpful and told Chris not to come back to work till Monday, but you know Chris he says he will go on Wednesday. I told him just to relax and he said and do what...I cannot run! Maybe I can convince him to go back half day on Wednesday. The doctor says he will need another surgery in about 1 year to take the pins out. They also gave us a DVD on his surgery. Chris does not want to watch it, but I might take a peek. We have managed well for the most part but last night I lost it with all the whining. It seems one whine and they all whine. The older girls have really helped me out and I am so thankful for them. It is good to have girls! Tomorrow morning we head back to the Du and would appreciate prayers on our safe travels!!
Lastly, About 12 hours before we were to depart, I got the stomach bug that Cohen had, but worse. I vomited about 10 times as well as had diarrhea. It hit me at 5 pm on Monday night and we were to depart at 4:30 in the morning the next day. I called the nurse and she gave me some medicine but it didn't help. Then at 11 pm that night Avery vomited and shortly after that Rylan got it! Chris was determine to get home, so we slept for as long as we could and then brought plastic bags with is for the ride to the airport. Avery and Rylan had one more episode in the car. When we got to the airport, the customs went forever and we barely made our flight. The plane just left late making us late for our connecting flight in Bangkok. When we got to Bangkok we had to go through customs again and they were already boarding the flight. The walk was forever or should I say run. They announce final call and we ran faster and didn't care who was in our way. I had Maely strapped to me and was pushing the stroller with all carryon luggage. Chris grabbed a push cart and put Cohen in it and the girls ran along with us even with them sick. It was difficult but we made it. We finally made it back to Chengdu at 3 pm. Now we are unpacking and doing laundry. I think we will all stay home from school tomorrow to make sure we are all well.
After this happen to us, we were not sure if it meant it was time to leave Asia or if we might have another year to make our last trip to Thailand worthwhile. I was sad because I wanted us to do some activities like snorkeling, but it was not meant to happen. Maybe it is just time for us to leave China! Not sure! Here is a x-ray of his elbow and the rocks that he slipped on while running!
No comments:
Post a Comment